New Zealand's South Island is world-renowned for its extreme scenic beauty which includes remote beaches, mountains, lakes, snow, forests, fiords, glaciers, oh and have you heard of that thing called “Lord of the Rings”?
Some of you may feel like the mind-blowing scenery gets a bit much after a while, and need to throw yourself off a bridge or out of a plane to come back down to earth. That’s all good bro! There are heaps of adventure activities in the South Island and Queenstown is the adventure capital!
Here at Stray, we’ve been running adventure bus tours since 2002 and our South Island hop-on hop-off bus network is nothing short of awesome. Grab your Stray pass to see it all!
Our South Island route:
- Runs in a loop showcasing the best of both coasts.
- Takes you right down into the deep south, with access to Stewart Island.
- Gives easy access to 6 of our spectacular National Parks. Hike your heart out!
- Takes you to unique, off the beaten track places like Stewart Island, Rangitata and Gunn's Camp.
- Hits all the highlights, like Queenstown, Franz Josef Glacier, Milford Sound, Mount Cook and Kaikoura.
- Gives you flexibility to hop on and off the bus along the way stopping to spend time in the places you love.
- Is guided by an awesome Driver Guide who knows a lot about everything around here and will help you to book accommodation and activities as you go.
Our favourite South Island bus pass is the Ron Pass - because you'll get to see it all!
Filter by adding a timeframe and compare passes by switching the toggle to 'show maps'.