Are you a published travel writer, blogger or professional videographer or photographer? We may be able to offer discounted travel on our Freestyle Travel network in return for your talents and services.
How does it work?
First up, you must have your own blog, which should sit on its own domain, e.g. www.myblog.com. Alternatively, if you are a contributor to a travel blog, we also would love to hear from you. Your blog doesn't have to be in English, we are also happy to consider German, Chinese, Dutch, French or Spanish! Please send us links to your blog or most recently published articles so we can assess the quality and style of your writing.
We will assess your blog for factors such as the quality of writing, engagement on social media, and its web ranking according to Google. That sounds scarier than it actually is! It will allow us to calculate a proposed discount off your travel pass and we'll send this in a proposal document via email.
We won't tell you what to write as we want your blog to be genuine, but we will ask that you provide a link to our website.
You should be a professional or experienced photographer/videographer with your own camera. Please send us your portfolio, which should consist of at least 30 photos/3 videos.
We may offer you a refund dependent on whether we wish to use any of your photographs, e.g. "X"% for 10 photos, "2X"% for 20.
Whilst we won't tell you exactly what you should photograph, we will provide some guidelines covering what type of photos we are looking for.
If you have a large following on Instagram or another platform, we also want to hear from you! Tell us your handle/username and we'll check you out.
Activities & Accomodation
Our Freestyle Travel passes include your transport and guide. Any discount we provide in exchange for blogging/photography will therefore not include accommodation or activities.
You'll need to book and pay the advertised price for the pass upfront. Unfortunately in the past we found some travellers didn't hold up their end of the agreement. Once you have travelled and provided the blog articles/photos we'll refund your payment.
This year, we are looking for the following:
- Videographers with experience in creating lively, fast-paced travel videos. We'd love to shout you a trip in exchange for a rad video showcasing our entire route
- Bloggers and influencers who love adventure travel, particularly from North America. If you have over 10k followers, or ridiculously high engagement, and are thinking about coming to New Zealand, Australia or Asia, please apply!
- People who have a genuine love for adventure travel and like what Stray is all about. Hot tip - we won't contact you back unless you answer all fields in the boxes below :)
How to get started
1. Apply via our online form. We'll get back to you within 3 days max.
2. We'll create a contract of deliverables and let you know how much we will refund you.
3. You will need to book and pay the advertised price for the pass upfront. Unfortunately in the past, we found some travellers didn't hold up their end of the agreement. Any travel discount is issued as a refund, after you have travelled and provided the blog articles/photos.