Stray Travel Bus Tours



All visitors to New Zealand must carry a passport that is valid for at least three months beyond the date you intend to leave the country.


You do not need a visa or permit to visit New Zealand if you are:

+ A New Zealand citizen or Resident Permit holder.
+ An Australian citizen travelling on an Australian passport or A Permanent Resident of Australia.

All other visitors require: 

+ A passport that is valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand.
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) issued by the New Zealand Government (details below) OR a Visitor's Visa. 
+ An onward or return ticket to a country that you have permission to enter.
+ Sufficient money to support yourself during your stay – approximately NZ$1000 per month per person.

To find out more visit the New Zealand Immigration Service website where you’ll find a list of all eligible countries and other useful visa information. Your travel agent, airline or nearest New Zealand Embassy should also be able to advise you if you require a visa.

British citizens and other British passport holders who have evidence of the right to live permanently in the UK may be allowed to stay in New Zealand for up to six months.

Electronic Travel Authority (eTA)

The New Zealand Government has introduced an electronic visa waiver system for 60 eligible countries for all visitors arriving after 1 October 2019. Here is everything you need to know about the eTA:

+ It will be mandatory for all people arriving from eligible visa waiver countries to hold an eTA from October 1st, 2019 
+ You can apply for your eTA on the Government website here. If you arrive in NZ before October, you won't need an eTA. 
+ The eTA will be valid for 2 years, and can be used for multiple visits.
+ The total cost will be around $45NZD. This will include an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy of $35NZD and a small administration cost between $9-12NZD. 

See the requirements for an eTA

If your country is not on the visa waiver list, or you wish to stay longer than three months, you’ll need to apply for a Visitor's Visa. You can download application forms directly from the New Zealand Immigration Service website, or contact your nearest New Zealand Embassy.


Study and Work Visas

The New Zealand Immigration Service also has information on work, business or student visas. If you’re interested in studying in New Zealand, check out the New Zealand Independent English Language School website and Education New Zealand Trust website.


If you're thinking about living permanently in New Zealand, there is a Migration section in the New Zealand Immigration Service website. It contains a brief summary of immigration requirements and information on obtaining a residence application pack.