This historic former Nurses Home set within 5 acres of park-like grounds has been restored into a comfortable lodge with plenty on offer. Located near the Tongariro National Park and Whanganui River - you have some significant natural attractions at your finger tips including Tongariro National Park (19km Crossing), Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Fields (winter only) along with some epic mountain bike trails including Old Coach Road, Fishers Track and the Mountains to Sea Cycle Trail.
The lodge offers magnificent views of Mt Ruapehu and Mt Ngauruhoe (better known as Mt Doom to Lord of the Rings fans). If you've returned from a hard day hiking or biking you can relax in a soothing spa bath, swing in a hammock, play pool, darts or watch sport on the big screen (51' plasma TV).
During the day say hello to their pets including a friendly goat and miniature horses or head out for one of the local walks (ask at reception for details).
If you are looking for some entertainment you can look forward to quiz nights, volleyball tournaments and Murder Mystery parties that are regularly turned on. Dip into the well stocked costume box of doctors, nurses and crazy patient outfits or better yet, bring your own!
Between the months of April - October you can get involved with our native tree planting project. The aim is to promote sustainability, reverse damage previously done and bring more wildlife to the local area.
- Free wifi
- Complimentary tea and coffee on arrival
- Modern kitchen facilities (for self catering)
- Onsite restaurant offering wood fired pizzas and BBQ dinners
- Pamper room with foot spas
- Heated spa pool
- Coin operated washing machines and complimentary drying facilities
- TV room with a 51" Plasma
- Games room with pool table and darts
Located close to:
- Tongariro National Park
- Whanganui National Park
- Turoa & Whakapapa Ski Area’s
- Whanganui River (canoe or kayak)
- Popular cycle trails - Mountains to Sea, Ohakune Mountain Road, Bridge to Nowhere, Fishers Track, Old Coach Road and more
- Ohakune township - shuttle is approx $20 per person return (operating twice daily in Summer)
Local walks in Raetihi (if you are not doing the Tongariro Crossing):
- Ameku Road - goes through an old timber mill, farmland with great views of the mountains
- The Makotuku Walkway - see the glowworms at night
Book in your Stray Mate app for a special rate!