You've booked your pass and your flights started packing (probably not) and now it's time to figure out where to hop on and off!
Timetables will vary depending on the Stray Journey you're on, you can check these out below.
Did you know you can view and amend your itinerary, travel dates, and pick-up location by using our Stray Mate app (available for download in the app store)?
Stray runs 3+ departures per week in peak season on the Freestyle Travel network. Days vary depending on the season.
CURRENT TIMETABLES FOR YOUR PASS
North Island Passes
South Island Passes
Are you planning well in advance and don't see the timetable you need here? Email [email protected] for assistance.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE
- The pick-up time displayed on the timetables is based on Stray's ‘main’ pick-up location. If you are getting picked up elsewhere times may vary. Check Stray Mate before you travel for a specific time.
- The bus will only stop at Stray’s ‘main’ pick-up location unless a passenger has booked one of the alternative options. All alternative pick-ups must be finalised by 4:00 pm (weekdays) or 3:30 pm (weekends) before the day of travel.
Before you travel: Please double check your pick-up location by logging into Stray Mate and looking at your itinerary. If your itinerary says "Please Advise”, you can update this in Stray Mate up until 4:00 pm (weekdays) or 3:30 pm (weekends) the day before travel. Otherwise, make your way to Stray’s ‘main’ pick-up location.
- Auckland Pick-up: The main pick-up for all Auckland departures (both Northbound and Southbound) is the Oakley Shop, 99 Queen Street.
Remember to be waiting at your confirmed pick-up location at least 10 minutes beforehand to ensure you don't miss the bus.
NORTHBOUND TIMETABLES (Sydney > Cairns)
Northbound Freestyle Pass Timetable - Valid from February - 31 March 2020
- Northbound Freestyle Pass Timetable - Valid from April - September 2020
- Northbound Freestyle Tour Timetable - Valid from April - December 2020
- Pick Up Times and Places - Valid from January - March 2020
- Pick Up Times and Places - Valid from April - September 2020
SOUTHBOUND TIMETABLES (Cairns > Sydney)
- Southbound Freestyle Pass Timetable - Valid from 1 October 2019 - 31 March 2020
- Southbound Freestyle Pass Timetable - Valid from April - September 2020
- Southbound Freestyle Tour Timetable - Valid from April - December 2020
BLUE MOUNTAINS TIMETABLES
For all travellers joining us on our Blue Mountains day trip, these timetables apply to you:
April – October: Tuesdays / Thursdays / Fridays / Saturdays (+Wednesdays throughout November - March)
Buses depart on our Freestyle Travel Network twice a week. Use the timetable below to see what days they depart.
THAILAND, LAOS, CAMBODIA & VIETNAM
- Timetable - Valid 1 October 2019 - 30 September 2020
To learn more about what to expect on travel days and the type of transport we use, visit our Transport & Travel page.
HOW TO READ THE TIMETABLE
The timetables listed show all departures across the Stray Asia network from Bangkok, Thailand through to Hanoi, Vietnam. Unless you are travelling on the Lot Pass (which covers all those destinations), this means that you will only need a portion of the timetable.
The numbers on the left-hand side are the days according to the Lot Pass, assuming you don't hop off and spend longer anywhere.
Please email any questions to [email protected] and one of the team will be happy to help.