Blue Duck Luxury Package for 2 People
Now only $699pp (Was $749pp)
Craving an escape from the city? Don't miss this incredible deal. Enjoy a luxury retreat to Blue Duck Station, a 7,200 acre high country farm that is both a working station and an environmental conservation leader. Get off the grid and out into the New Zealand bush, as you 4WD, jet boat, kayak and horse ride to witness some of the North Island's most gorgeous scenery. Indulge in gourmet meals and relax in your cosy accommodation, Frontier Lodge, perfectly situated on the banks of the Whanganui River.
This is a SELF-DRIVE package. If you'd like to ADD transport, click 'Select Upgrade' when booking!
2 nights’ accommodation at the luxury Frontier Lodge
4WD Eco-Warrior Bush Safari
- Jet boating & river kayaking (available summer only)
Sunrise Horse Trek
Clay bird shooting
- Meals: 2 dinners, 1 picnic lunch, 2 breakfasts (veg, vg & gf available on request)
Terms and Conditions
- All activities are weather dependent and subject to operations.
- Package price is for 2 people. If you would like to book for more than 2, please contact us directly: [email protected]straytravel.com
- Insurance is not included with the Campervan Rental option. If you would like to add insurance please contact us or pay direct upon pick-up.
- Arrival time and dietary requirements must be confirmed beforehand.
Blue Duck Luxury
Your Stray Adventure kicks off in one of the most remote parts of New Zealand’s North Island, Whakahoro. Tonight you stay on the award winning Blue Duck Station, a 5,200 acre high country working station and environmental conservation leader located on the banks of the Whanganui and Retaruke Rivers in the Ruapehu District.
At the heart of the station’s core values is a commitment to the ongoing preservation of the natural bush, rivers and area’s history, and the conservation of the native wildlife. Blue Duck Station has one of the highest concentrations of blue ducks (whio) and kiwi birds in New Zealand, not to mention wetas, native bats and fish. To help increase these numbers, and other native species, they are improving their habitat by encouraging the bush to regenerate, enhancing water quality and trapping predators. On your arrival at Blue Duck Station, you will have time to settle in before you enjoy a delicious dinner and relax around the evening fire. Includes dinner
Today you get to discover the hidden secrets of this remote destination as you:
- Don your cowboy hat and become a cowboy explore the farm by horseback at sunrise. Yeeehaww!
- Jump on a 4WD farm adventure safari and travel up farm roads, over hilly peaks and through the New Zealand native bush to learn about the station’s history and conservation efforts.
- Get out on the water for an exhilarating jet boat ride and scenic river kayaking trip through the stunning landscape on the Whanganui River. (Available in summer only.)
Upon your return, try your hand at clay bird shooting and see if you’re a sharp shooter. There may also be the opportunity to participate in other real farm experiences, such as mustering sheep or doing a trap-line – it all depends on what’s happening on the farm that day. Includes breakfast, gourmet picnic lunch and dinner.