Blue Duck Adventure Package for 2 People
Now only $495pp (Was $525pp)
Sign up for the ultimate outdoor enthusiast’s adventure on a working high country station. Located on the edge of the magnificent Whanganui River, spend time at the award winning Blue Duck Station and get a true appreciation for rural life in New Zealand’s remote outback. Opt in for horse trekking over the rolling countryside, a 4WD Eco-Warrior Bush Safari, jet boating and kayaking or try your hand at hunting local pests. Consistently rated as Stray’s #1 destination, this is a ‘must do’ adventure for the intrepid traveller.
This is a SELF-DRIVE package. If you'd like to ADD transport, click 'Select Upgrade' when booking!
2 nights’ accommodation (4-6 share dorm)
Select 2 activities from the following:
- 4WD Eco-Warrior Bush Safari
- Station horse trek
- Jet boating & river kayaking (available summer only)
- Guided goat hunting
Clay bird shooting
- Meals: 2 dinners, 1 lunch, 2 breakfasts (veg, vg & gf available on request)
Terms and Conditions
- All activities are weather dependent and subject to operations.
- Package price is for 2 people. If you would like to book for more than 2, please contact us directly: [email protected]
- Insurance is not included with the Campervan Rental option. If you would like to add insurance please contact us or pay direct upon pick-up.
- Arrival time and dietary requirements must be confirmed beforehand.
Blue Duck Adventure
Your Stray Adventure kicks off in one of the most remote parts of New Zealand’s North Island, Whakahoro. Tonight you stay on the award winning Blue Duck Station, a 5,200 acre high country working station and environmental conservation leader located on the banks of the Whanganui and Retaruke Rivers in the Ruapehu District.
At the heart of the station’s core values is a commitment to the ongoing preservation of the natural bush, rivers and area’s history, and the conservation of the native wildlife. Blue Duck Station has one of the highest concentrations of blue ducks (whio) and kiwi birds in New Zealand, not to mention wetas, native bats and fish. To help increase these numbers, and other native species, they are improving their habitat by encouraging the bush to regenerate, enhancing water quality and trapping predators. On your arrival at Blue Duck Station, you will have time to settle in before you enjoy a delicious dinner and relax around the evening fire. Includes dinner
Today you get to discover the hidden secrets of this remote destination by choosing from the selection of fantastic activities Stray has handpicked for you.
Please select two of the following:
- Option 1: Jump on a 4WD farm adventure safari and travel up farm roads, over hilly peaks and through the New Zealand native bush to learn about the station’s history and conservation efforts.
- Option 2: Don your cowboy hat and become a cowboy for the day as you explore the farm by horseback. Yeeehaww!
- Option 3: Get out on the water for an exhilarating jet boat ride and scenic river kayaking trip through the stunning landscape on the Whanganui River. (Available in summer only.)
- Option 4: Head out on a hunting expedition to learn about the farm’s pest control activities and bring home tonight’s dinner.
Upon your return, try your hand at clay bird shooting and see if you’re a sharp shooter. There may also be the opportunity to participate in other real farm experiences, such as mustering sheep or doing a trap-line – it all depends on what’s happening on the farm that day. Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner