At ground level, the view from Taupo township is already remarkable; a lake with crystal clear waters overlooked by the powerful mountains of the Tongariro National Park. Now imagine a bird’s eye view of all of that and that’s where we’re going to take you.
A 20-minute scenic flight to altitude will have you climbing over Great Lake Taupo, the crater of a super volcanic eruption 26,000 years ago. While you’re up there you’ll be able to see the most famous mountains in New Zealand – Mount Tongariro, Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe (a.k.a Mount Doom from the ‘Lord of the Rings’ films). On a clear day, you may even be able to see both coasts of the North Island, Mount Taranaki to the southwest, Napier to the east and the Rotorua Lakes to the north.
Our highly skilled team of Tandem Instructors will make you feel safe and keep you entertained during your flight up in our skydiving specific aircraft. Our unique plane is painted bright yellow and adorned with Maori designs and detailing, keeping the legends, beliefs and culture of our people alive.
The door will open and your instructor will introduce you to the incredible feeling of free falling at 200km/h(125mph) from 9,000ft (2,740m) 12,000ft (3,640m), 15,000ft (4,570m) or 18,500ft (5,649m) above Lake Taupo, followed by a 5-minute parachute ride down to a safe and controlled landing.
The greatest thing about a Tandem Skydiving is that there is no previous experience or intensive training required. Because you’re paired with one of our expert Tandem Instructors, a few simple instructions are all you need to safely enjoy jumping out of a plane.
We also have an excellent range of HD video and photo packages available for you to choose from, we can pick you up in style from within Taupo in our FREE limousine and we also offer a return shuttle available to and from Rotorua.
Book this activity on Stray Bus with your guide!
- Best prices guaranteed for NZ's Best Rated Skydive (win-win)
- Free transport within Taupo and Rotorua
- Highly trained (and hilarious) tandem masters
- Free buff
- We are a Gold Qualmarked Drop Zone
- Trusted by over 10,000 jumpers every year – Taupo being the hotspot for skydiving in NZ.
- Preferred supplier to the most renowned travel agencies and transport operators in NZ an Australia.
- Incredible views of New Zealand’s biggest lake and most famous volcanoes.
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff – who will help you to choose the best package for you!
- Engaged with the community and sponsor to important charity events.
- Home of Sky – our most adorable cat – the almighty aircraft that you’ll jump off.
- Proudly New Zealand owned and operated company.
If you’re still not convinced, we are privileged to have Stray as a great partner and the drivers can confirm that jumping with us is awesome!
If you’re looking for an adrenaline-filled way to see NZ’s beautiful scenery, we’ve rounded up the best skydive locations in the country!