Stray runs multiple departures per week on the hop-on hop-off network. Days vary depending on the season.
If you're a Stay Customer, you can view and amend your itinerary, travel dates and pick-up location in Stray Mate our online booking tool (logins supplied at time of booking).
On this page:
Current Pass Timetables:
See the timetable for your pass for the current season.
North Island Passes
South Island Passes
Download our seasonal timetables (PDF) to help you plan in advance. Timetables may be subject to change.
- Winter II 2017 - valid from 1 June - 30 September
- Spring I 2017 - valid from 1 October - 31 October
- Spring II 2017 - valid from 1 November - 31 December
- East Coaster Spring 2017 - valid from 3 October 2017 - 28 April 2018
We anticipate returning to our overnight stops in Rangitata Peel Forest and Kaikoura in 2018, dependent on State Highway 1 re-opening. We will continue to update all information as it becomes available and keep you posted!
- Summer 2018 - valid from 1 January - 28 February 2018
- East Coaster Summer 2018 - valid from 4 January - 8 March 2018
- Autumn 2018 - valid from 1 March - 30 April 2018
- The pick-up time displayed on the timetables is based on the ‘main’ pick-up location. If you are getting picked up elsewhere times may vary. Check your Stray Mate before you travel for the specific time.
- The bus will only stop at Stray’s ‘main’ location unless a passenger has booked one of the alternative options. All alternative pick-ups must be finalised by 4:30pm (weekdays) or 3:30pm (weekends) before the day of travel.
Before you travel: Please double check your pick-up location by logging into Stray Mate and looking at your itinerary. If your itinerary says "Please Advise”, you can update this in Stray Mate up until 4:30pm (weekdays) or 3:30pm (weekends) the day before travel. Otherwise make your way to Stray’s ‘main’ pick-up location.
Remember to be waiting at your confirmed pick-up location at least 10 minutes beforehand to ensure you don't miss the bus.