Flexible adventures. Your time, your way.
If you are looking for the ultimate way to explore New Zealand, meet great people, visit amazing places and have total flexibility over your day to day itinerary, then Stray's the way!
Stray is New Zealand's award-winning, guided hop-on hop-off bus network for adventurous travellers. Our mission is to take our passengers further off the beaten track to share places most tourists don't know about. Our charismatic driver guides will ensure you make the most out of your time in New Zealand by sharing local knowledge, offering handy recommendations and booking accommodation and activities on your behalf. We make regular stops along the way to show you all the things we love about this country including wildlife, stunning views, short walks, swimming holes and hidden waterfalls.
Best of all, our Freestyle Passes give you total flexibility to hop on and off anywhere along the route. This way you can tailor your trip to match your interests, spending time in the places you love, doing the activities you like to do.
Better yet, all passes are valid for 12 months from the first date of travel. All you need to do is find a pass that is right for you!
- Operate on a large loop circuit showcasing the best of both islands.
- Give you easy access to 7 of our spectacular National Parks. Hike your heart out!
- Take you to unique, off the beaten track places like Blue Duck Station, Lake Aniwhenua and Gunn's Camp.
- As well as including all the 'iconic hotspots' like Queenstown, Cathedral Cove, Bay of Islands, Rotorua, Abel Tasman, Franz Josef Glacier and Wellington.
- Give you flexibility to hop on and off the bus along the way stopping to spend time in the places you love.
- Are guided by our awesome Driver Guides who know a lot about everything and will help you to book accommodation and activities as you go.
Our most popular New Zealand pass is the Everywhere Pass - you won't miss out on anything!
Use the filter to choose a region, add a timeframe, then compare passes by switching the toggle to 'show maps'.
Narrow your search